Monday, July 23, 2012

Goodbye Ochocinco

Everybody gave Chad Ochocinco the side eye when he changed his last name a couple of years ago, well it looks like we can look at Chad normal again.  Ochocinco has decided to change his name back to Johnson partly due to his recent marriage to "Basketball everything but wives" reality star Evelyn Lozado.
"I'm refocused and locked in.  Time to get back to the old me.  It has nothing to do with football.  Ochocinco is still in me.  It's just my middle name." -Chad told ESPN.com
Johnson originally changed surname to Ochocinco before the 2008 season in order to have his nickname on his jersey.  Johnson had stated before that he would only change his name back to Johnson when the brand Ochocinco stopped making him money, so maybe it really is love between Johnson and non-basketball wife Evelyn.  I guess in due time we will see if it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment