Saturday, October 13, 2012

Buccaneers Talib Suspended

Photo: Getty Images
Cornerback Aqib Talib of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been suspended for four games without pay for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.  Talib stated that he would not appeal the suspension that is set to begin Sunday when the Buccaneers takes on the Chiefs.  Talib admitted to taking an Adderall pill without a prescription at the beginning of training camp.  Aqib Talib is one the team's top defenders in his fifth year in the league after being drafted 20th overall in 2008.  Talib will not be eligible to return to the active roster until November 5th.

"I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription.  This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's hlep, I've worded very hard to iprove myself, professionally and personally, as a player and a man.  I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches, and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself.  I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shop and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season.  I have chosen to be immediately accountable for the situation I put myself in, which is why I will not exercise my appeal rights and will begin serving the suspension immediately." -Aqib Talib

No comments:

Post a Comment