Friday, June 29, 2012

Wade to Miss Olympics


Wade has decided to sit out the Olympics due to the need of surgery on left knee. Wade informed USA basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo and Coach Mike Krzyzewski early Thursday.

"I've decided to listen to my doctors and get the procedure I need on my knee. USA basketball said I had to do what was best for me. They want me to be obviously healthy as possible so I can continue to play this game at a high level. They were very supportive and told me if I ever wanted to come around the team, I'm welcome and that I'm a part of the family." -Wade told the Associated Press

Wade's surgery is currently not set but the surgery will be done on the same knee he had surgery on in 2008. Throughout the past season Wade has had his knee drained on several occasions including the day of game 3 in the Heat-Pacers series. The surgery is needed to alleviate fluid building around Wade's knee. Wade made it known that making sure he's ready for the rest of his career with the Heat was his top priority and he should be good to go by training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment