Wednesday, August 24, 2011

YES, Females Watch Sports Too

It is always funny to me whenever I go to a sports bar to watch a game guys always seem to assume that I'm there to meet my "boyfriend" and that I not only not like sports but I know nothing about the games.  Then once I start spitting facts, stats, and my opinions about the game, teams and players the look on their faces are priceless, they are in complete awe like where did she come from. Yes fellas there are a few females that are out here in the world that are not tomboys that love sports just as much as you do.

First and foremost, I do not like sports because of a guy, I do not watch sports to spend time with my man, and I am not a groupie trying to make a come up.  With social media and reality tv these days females are so easily classified as groupies because they watch sports, go to sporting events or this that in the other.  Dude can I just enjoy the game just like you are.  And YES I wear heels and I am a girly girl but I still know the game.  Ladies we too can enjoy sports just as much as guys do and not lose ourselves.

Yes if you see me out more than likely I will have on heels.... Yes I cook nightly and can bake....  And Yes if you see me out and about you would not be able to tell that I'm a sports fanatic.  But yes I am a die hard sports fan and will go head to head with a guy in a sports debate.

Below are a few tips for ladies to be able to enjoy sports on their own terms:

  1. Ladies its ok to not wear oversized jerseys.  Take your favorite team's colors and add a little girly flavor to it.  
  2. Know the rules of the games and have your own opinion.  Don't repeat what you hear on ESPN.  A good sports debate is always good for the soul.
  3. Ladies pick a favorite team and stick with it.  Don't float from team to team.
  4. Find a group of females that love sports just as much as you.  There are a few of us out there.
  5. And finally HAVE FUN with it.  You'll be surprised how entertaining sports can be.
Me wearing my fave football team (Atlanta Falcons of course I'm a GA girl) colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment