Friday, August 24, 2012

Lance Armstrong Bows Down

 Photo: EPA/OLIVIER HOSLET
There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say 'Enough is enough.' For me that time is now." -Lance Armstrong

The USADA has stripped Lance of his seven Tour de France titles as Armstrong has decided to drop his fight against the drug charges. Armstrong, who retired from cycling last year, says that the USADA investigation is an "unconstitutional witch hunt."  Under the World Anti-Doping code Armstrong could also lose his bronze model from the 2000 Olympics, event titles and cash earnings.  Armstrong has also been banned from the sport of Cycling.
"Stripping Lance of his titles does far more harm than good.  The USADA should have let this one go." -Jim Caple wrote
Armstrong insists that his decision is not an admission of guilt for drug use, but is instead a refusal to enter an arbitration process he believes is unfair.  According to the USADA Armstrong has used banned substance dating as far back as 1996 even though Armstrong has passed several drug test between 1999-2005.
"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven tours since 1999.  The toll this has taken on my family an my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today--finished with this nonsense."
There is zero physical evidence to support the outlandish and heinous claims.  The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of doping controls I have passed with flying colors.
Today I turn the page.  I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances.  I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities." -Lance Armstrong
I don't know whether Lance Armstrong used performance enhancing drugs are not but it looks like the USADA doesn't have any evidence against Lance.  All I can say is that the truth will surface.

Do you think that Lance doped up?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment