Monday, January 21, 2013

Gonzalez Set To Retire

(AP Photo/David Goldman)
I would be lying if I was to say if Tony Gonzalez doesn't come back next year I wouldn't be heartbroken.  Gonzalez has stated all season that he was 95% sure that this would be his last season in the NFL and last night he reiterated this fact.
"It's probably the last time I'm going to wear that uniform.  I didn't want to take it off, to tell you the truth.  All good things come to an end and , like I said all season long, this is probably my last one.  What an unbelievable ride." -Tony Gonzalez after the 28-24 Falcon loss to the 49ers.
The 36 year old Tight End had 72 yards in last night's game and has had 1,242 receptions, 14,268 receiving yards, and 103 receiving touchdowns throughout his 16 year career.  Gonzalez is definitely one of the best to play the tight end position and is without a doubt a hall of famer.

No comments:

Post a Comment