Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rondo Out Indefinitely

ERIK S. LESSER/EPA

Rajon Rondo missed Sunday's game against the Miami Heat after hyper extending his right knee Friday night against the Atlanta Hawks. Rondo is now listed as day to day after undergoing a MRI yesterday. Coach Doc Rivers is now experimenting with the starting line up after the Celtics loss six games in a row stating the following:

"We're going to start Jared, more just because Jared'a playing well. Honestly I don't love it because I worry about our bench. Our bench has been off the chats and that may affect them. But we're doing it because he's playing so well. I just thought the starters needed to shake up the lineup, even though I really and doing it cautiously because I just think at some point our starters will find themselves."

UPDATE: After undergoing a MRI, it has been determined that Rondo has a torn ACL and will be out the remainder of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment